Mooney Boats Ltd Yard Facilities
LOCATION & FACILITIES
With two major facilities in Killybegs Co Donegal Ireland we are ideally placed to meet your needs. At our address on St Catherine’s Rd the company has a 17000 sq/ft facility where we run a 9000 sq ft machine shop and an 8000 sq ft chandlery store. In our second facility at Castle Point we have a 33,000 sq/ft boatyard where we build and repair all type of vessel. The premises are situated on a 5 acre site and in 2007 we installed a new 75 Ton travel hoist for winter storage of vessels. Our company has 32 skilled and experienced workers, operating to the highest international standards.
In conjunction with this our company also facilitate in the running of the Department Of Agriculture, Food & the Marine’s 600 ton syncrolift facility which is adjacent to our yard at Castle Point. Mooney Boats Ltd prepare the chocks for the dry-docking of the vessels and are contracted in to lift the vessels out of the water until they are left sitting in the working bay or paint shed.
Our company offer many different types of services and below are just a few.
Welding & General Engineering
All our welders are codded and approved by the appropriate authorities. The welding processes we widely use are as follows:
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA), in Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, etc
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG), in Mild Steel, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, etc
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Mild Steel. Aluminium, & Stainless Steel
- Oxy-acetylene (OA). Brass, Copper, Aluminium Bronze etc
Mooney Boats Ltd have been supplying welding servicies to many leading companies both national and international for over 30years. In 2007 and 2008 our welding and mecanical engineers have been providing services to Shell Ireland on many of there support vessel which have been using Killybegs as there service port for the Corrib Gas Field.
- 75 Ton Boat Lift
- Yacht Storage
- Indoor Repair Facilities
- RNLI Up For Maintenance
- 600 Ton Syncrolift (D.A.F.M facility adjacent to the Mooney boats site)
- Main Boatyard
- 1 x 3 Ton Overhead Crane In Machine Shop
- 2 x 10 Ton Overhead Cranes In Boatyard
- Main Boatyard At Castle Point
- Chandlery Store & Machine Shop, St Catherine’s Road
- Machine Shop
- Boat Building