Johnny M Steel Workboat
|Length overall||13 m|
|Breadth main deck||4.7 m|
|Speed Light||8 Knots|
|Fuel Capacity||3000 Ltrs|
|Main Engine||Caterpillar Perkins MC 215 HP “C” Rating|
|Gearbox||Twin Disc MG 5061 3:1 reduction|
|Propellers||1 No 35 x 24 4 Blades AB2 Material|
|Tail Shafts||2 ½” 316L Duplex|
|Exhaust System||Wet Exhaust System|
|Electrical System||24 Volt|
|Deck Crane||Guerra M90.90 M3|
|Deck Winch||M.B 3 Ton Towing Winch|
|Capstan||MB 2 TON Capstan|
|Hull Materials||8mm Lloyds Grade A Steel|
|Superstructure||6mm Lloyds Grade A Steel|
|National Authorities||Irish Flag P2|
The Steel Hull was designed by Marine Design International and built by Mooney Boats Ltd. The keel was laid for the vessel on Monday 14th January 2008 and vessel was launched and completed successful sea trials on the Wednesday 7th May 16 weeks from start to finish for complete build. The vessel is been used on a salmon farm as a feed vessel and also for working on anchors and general service work.
The hull will be built from Lloyds Grade A Shot-blasted and primed steel plate with transverse framing. The hull has been divided into 4 watertight compartments. Steering room aft with access from deck with flush mounted Baier Marine hatch. Two separated 1500 lt fuel tanks are built into the hull in this area also. Forward of this is there are 2 feed silos 1port and 1 starboard with separate flush mounted Hercules 2828 aluminium hatches. Capacity off silos is 5.3 tons each.
Forward of the silos there is a large engine room which incorporates main engine and gearbox, hydraulic oil tank, deck wash pumps, hydraulic pumps etc. Forward of this there is a large storage area which is fitted with a toilet. This area could also be used for sleep accommodation but is not required on this particular vessel. Again just forward of this compartment is the chain locker which is accessed from the forecastle deck through a flush mounted Baier aluminium deck hatch. The Wheelhouse is of all welded steel construction and is accessed through door on the pt side which leads onto main deck. On the starboard side there is another store room for diving bottles and working equipment.
Hydraulic Equipment and Deck Machinery
The Deck crane is a Guerra Model No M90.90 M 3 with an Hydraulic outreach 11.4 meters with lifting capacity at 9.6m of 800kg fitted with 1 No GDW-090 Hydraulic Winch with brake.
- 1 No 3 ton Hydraulic deck winch. Supplied and manufactured by Mooney Boats Ltd
- 1 No 2 Ton Vertical capstan winch supplied and manufactured by Mooney Boats Ltd
- 1 x 300 kgf Hydraulic Bow Thrusters
- 5 No mooring bollards and cleats positioned 1 frd 2 aft and 2 midship.
- 1 Roller at stern midship deck level.
- 3 Access doors 1 pt, 1 Stb and 1 Aft for diving access.
The Wheelhouse has been provided with good all round visibility and has been fitted with Seaglaze Series 10 & 11 clamp in windows and also 2 series 21 clamp in doors.
- 1 Skipper Chair Type Cab 300 mounted on steel pedestal.
- 1 Small Table with bench seating for 4 has also been fitted.
Engine Room & Propulsion
- Main engine is a Perkins MC 215 HP “C” Rating
- Gearbox is Twin Disc MG 5061 3:1 reduction.
- Steering system is hand hydraulic heavy duty with emergency steering also provided.
Rudder and Stern Gear
- 1 off Rudder tube 685mm OAL, complete with seals & bearings
- 1 off Rudder in mild steel, flange mounted including tiller arm
- 1 off stern tube for 2 ½” shaft 2430mm OAL, with Sure seal & cutlass bearing
- 1 off Prop shaft 2 ½” diameter, twin taper, 5500mm OAL in F51 Duplex
- 1 off Tapered shaft/gearbox coupling to suit MG5061
- 1 off 35”x24” 4 blade propeller in AB2 material
Wheelhouse and Electronics
- 1 x Furuno Marine Radar Model 1623
- 1 x Furuno Sounder Model LS – 4100
- 1 x ICOM VHF
Other Electrical Items
- 5 x Rule 3700 24 Volt Electric Bilge Pumps.
- 1 x 1 ½” Jabsco 24 Volt Electro magnetic deck wash pump.
- 2 x Vetus 24 Volt Electric fuel gauges and tank sensors
- 2 x Roca 24 Volt Marine Wipers
- 1 x ED 830 24 Volt Bilge Alarm System
- 1 x Jabsco 146SL Remote Control Search Light
- Navigation Light as per requirements of the M.S.O 24 Volt Aqua Signal
- 2 x Aqua Signal S/S Flood Lights 24 Volt.
- 4 x Aqua Signal Fluorescent Lights 24 Volt for Various compartments.
- 1 x Sets off 24volt starting and lighting batteries.
- 1 x 24 Volt Switchboard & Distribution board.
Bilge & Fire Pumps
- 2 x Gusher 30 Hand fire and bilge pumps
Fire Fighting & Safety Equipment
- 1 x Set of Distress flares (RORC).
- 1 x First aid kit.
- 2 x Life boys.
- 4 x Lifejackets
- 2 x Fire Extinguishers
Jotun paint system supplied by Mooney Boats Ltd and the vessel was painted by Geard Bray & Sons.
Cathodic Protection System
MG Duff Anode protection system has been fitted on the vessel and again supplied by Mooney Boats Ltd.
The vessel has been surveyed throughout the build by the Irish Marine Survey Office and will be licence as P 4 work boat.