MFV Courageous has extensive refit at Mooney Boats Ltd.
- Vessel hull wash
- New MG Duff anodes supplied & fitted
- New Jotun paint system supplied by yard
- Vessel completely repainting internally and externally
- Removed rudder
- Removed propeller shaft & seals
- Removed propeller hub and stripped apart and reconditioned “See attached pictures of hub”
- Cleaned stern tube & bushings
- Supplied and fitted complete new set propeller stern gear seals and fitted
- Re-installed everything
Prawn Freezing System
- Installed New Prawn Freezing System On Board vessel
- New blastroom installed and fitted out
- Fishroom dived to create new cold store and fiberglassed “Fiberglass completed by others”
- Piped water to new blast freezing compressors
- Fabricated and fitted new stainless steel picking table
- Fabricated and fitted new stainless steel racking system blast freezer room
- Fabricated and fitted new stainless steel shelving for holding cartons for prawns
- New blast freezing system supplied and fitted by GEA Refrigeration
Gearbox refit undertaken by Pat Rynn Engineering, Galway.
Mooney Boats Ltd supplied crane hire for removal of old gearbox and installation of new one.