The MFV Margaret MaryWe had a new visitor to the yard, the MFV Margaret Mary. While at the yard we did the following jobs:
- Removed, reconditioned, refitted all shipside valves (crew)
- Repaired opening windows in wheelhouse
- Repaired Skippers Chair
- Made and fitted life ring holder
- Modifications to fish hold ladder
- Made and fitted new pipe...
Another First, MFV Achieve at Mooney Boats LtdIt was fantastic to have a new vessel up at the yard, the MFV Achieve. One of four, first time visitors to the yard its always great to welcome new projects and new people to Killybegs. While up at the yard we performed the following jobs:
- Taken out...
MFV Northern Celt ReturnsWe take it as a great source of pride when customers decide to return to us time after time with their boats and wwith that in mind we were delighted to have had the MFV Northern Celt up at the yard for some work, some of which was as follows:
- Sonihull Ultrasonic...
The MFV Emerald Isle IWe recently had the MFV Emerald Isle I (formerly MFV Stella Nova) up at the yard. While here we did the following:
- Vessel Put Up On Syncrolift
- Welded on new name and port of registration
- Took of all hanging blocks and refurbished and then refitted
- Fitted PE 500 Sheeting around the...
B44 Stella Nova Week 36 2017A look inside the B44 Stella Nova where this week we saw lots of pipework being completed in the engine room, as well as the wheelhouse panelling starting to take shape. Another thing to note from the pictures below is the amount of wiring going on. At this point in...
B45 Volga Week 36 2017This week saw a few significant additions to the Volga, the biggest of which was the engine finally being lifted into place by the lads. There has also been a nice bit of progress in the wheelhouse with the consoles starting to take place. Cosmetically, the addition of LED Floodlighting around...
MFV Boy Jason at Mooney Boats LtdRecently we had the opportunity to welcome back the MFV Boy Jason at Mooney Boats. While at the yard, she had a few works done, among which was the following:
- Fitted new watertight hatch to sonar room
- Washed, painted, anodes supplied & fitted
- Fitted new bellows to auxiliary engine
B45 Volga Week 30 2017This week saw more work on the steel workboat Volga, yard no. B45. In the gallery below you can see the diesel tanks with pipework in place, bollards on the deck, the area where the engine cooler will be placed as well as the floor starting to go into the wheelhouse....
The MFV Atlantic QuestWe had the MFV Buddy M back up at the yard last month for some work. Among other jobs she had the following jobs done:
- Removed tailshaft, seals replaced
- New Cleghorn pump fitted & piped for cooling seals
- Various electrical wiring work done