The Green Isle Returns to Mooney BoatsIt was great to have the MFV Green Isle back up at the yard recently, to have a few jobs done, some of which as follows:
- Refurbished stern gear – new shaft seals
- Manufactures and supplied new bronze bushing for stern tube
- Fitted new steel work on vessel
The MFV Heather Jane IIWe recently had the MFV Heather Jane II up at the yard for various works, check out the list below and make sure to check the gallery for some great images.
- Replaced Wheelhouse flooring with..... Karanden floor covering
- Made repairs to doors on side of vessel
- Replaced filters on the Hydraulic...
Buddy M New Aux EngineWe had the MFV Buddy M back up at the yard last month for some work. Among other jobs she had the following jobs done:
- Cut plate from side of boat to remove aux engine and refit with new
- Rewired new aux engine
- Removed, assessed and serviced all sea intake &...
Queen of Aran Ferry up at the yardWe had the Doolin Ferry Co. vessel, Queen of Aran up at the yard. One of three ferries we have had recently from the Doolin Ferry Co, we did the following jobs among others:
- Lifted vessel out on 75 Ton Travel Hoist
- Vessel taken inside for painting
Crabber Amy Jane II visits the YardWe recently had the crabber Amy Jane II up at the yard where we performed a few jobs on her, some of which are listed below. Make sure to check the gallery below too
- Slipped, washed painted, anodes supplied & finnted
- Fitted new bait shoot overboard
- New crab overflow...
MFV Peadar Elaine II Gearbox OverhaulIt was fantastic to have the MFV Peadar Elaine II at the yard for a gearbox overhaul, among other jobs, some of which are listed below:
- Vessel Put up on Synchrolift
- High Pressure Washed outside of hull
- Vessel completely repainted externally with Jotun Paint system
- New anodes fitted
- Manufactured new...
MV Blath Na Mara Returns to Mooney Boats LtdOne of the regular faces at the yard is Rory Beatty, owner of the MV Chateau Thierry and the MV Blath Na Mara which operate cargo services to the Aran Islands. In early March we had the MV Blath Na Mara returned to the yard for shot blasting,...
RV Celtic Voyager Returns to Mooney Boats LtdWe had the RV Celtic Voyager return to the yard for some works to be done. Its always a pleasure to have the research vessels up at the yard, and this visit was no exception. Among others, some of the work done was as follows:
- Vessel Slipped, washed,...
The MFV MaracestinaWe had the MFV Maracestina up at the yard recently, and among others, she had the following jobs done on her:
- Wheelhouse Windows resealed and wheelhouse carpet refitted
- Electrical megger test completed on vessel
- Earth fault system fitted
- Removed rudder, repaired heel bearings and put in new steering pins
- Slipped & washed