The MFV Atlantic QuestWe had the MFV Buddy M back up at the yard last month for some work. Among other jobs she had the following jobs done:
- Removed tailshaft, seals replaced
- New Cleghorn pump fitted & piped for cooling seals
- Various electrical wiring work done
Norfolk Rose -Vessel Lengthening at Mooney Boats Ltd.At Mooney Boats Ltd, one of the areas we specialise in is vessel lengthening so it was with great excitement that we took on the job of lengthening the aluminium catamaran, Norfolk Rose (formerly Norfolk Tern) Be sure to check out the gallery below for pictures of the process...
The MFV Dillon OwenWe had the MFV Dillon Owen has some minor works done at Mooney Boats Ltd. We always enjoy having return business at the yard and the crew of Dillon Owen is always a pleasure to deal with. While up at the yard, she had the following works done:
- Shaft removed, seals replaced ...
MFV Ardent at Mooney Boats LtdAlways great to have the MFV Ardent & crew back at the yard. The vessel came up out of the water on June 8th, and had a few jobs done, such as the following:
- Stern shaft removed, seals replaced
- Seacocks renewed and refitted
- Washed painted& anodes supplied and fitted
Mooney Boats Welcomes Tormor Back to the YardIt was great to have one of our builds back at the yard again, the Tormor was up at the yard recently for some scheduled works such as:
- Repairs to steel
- Washed Painted, Anodes supplied & fitted
- Seating replaced where required
Rose of AranWe recently had the Doolin Ferries "Rose of Aran" up at the yard where she had the following work done among others....
- Pulled out shafts, inspected, replaced bushings & bearings
- Reconditioned steering
- Rubber Fendering repaired
- Handrails repaired
- Realigned engines
- Change plate in cabins
- Washed & painted
The Spirit of RathlinIt was great to have a new customer, and vessel, up at the yard recently - the Spirit of Rathlin. The 6 vehicle / 140 passenger ferry, Spirit of Rathlin was at the yard for a week or so getting the following work done:
- Alterations to Front Ramp Hydraulics
- Diesel gaskets replaced throughout...
Blanche Hermine refitted as Doolin Express at Mooney Boats Ltd.The Doolin Express (formerly Blanche Hermine) arrived at the yard in October 2016 for a major refit in order to prepare her for life in Irish waters, operating for Doolin Ferry Co. Among the work done on her, was the following:
- Bollards fitted
- Fitted emergency bilge shutoff handles ...